Welcome!

I believe in god, only I spell it Nature-- Frank Lloyd Wright

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

First set of plantings

It's getting to be planting season in sunny Florida! Spring is just around the corner in my neck of the woods, so on Thursday 2/10/11, I looked through my little book of notes about gardening, and picked out the plants that needed to be started inside. My hubby got me a black container with little pits in it (like an egg carton) so I decided to use that. I picked the following to plant: calabash tomatoes, tigerella tomatoes, pink tomatoes, California wonder sweet peppers, oregano, and sage. It has been almost two weeks now. I keep the lid on, and leave it outside during the day. It produces almost a greenhouse effect. Here is what they look like now:






The top two 9x9 squares are oregano, obviously not sprouting. The two 9x9 squares are all my tomatoes. They are sprouting already! The third square down on the left is oregano. They are some of the smallest seeds I have ever seen! They are sprouting up well! And that last 9x9 square is sage.

I can't wait to see how they come out!

1 comment:

  1. Yay that's so exciting! My corn, cherry tomatoes and cucumber

    ReplyDelete