Welcome!

I believe in god, only I spell it Nature-- Frank Lloyd Wright

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Spring is coming!

In Florida, the first signs that the Earth is waking up are starting to be visible. My gardenias and jasmine are slowly starting to turn green again. Trees are beginning to blossom. Early blooming flowers like roses and milkweeds are showing color. In short-- bye bye winter! I went around my yard and started to take pictures of all the signs of life I could find. Here they are!





My dwarf rose bush has started to bloom! This is the tree that my husband accidentally mowed over back in November. I am glad it is coming back. The flowers smell so nice.

This is the rosemary I bought from Lowes last year. It is doing so well. It's almost a small bush now. It is so fragrant!
This is the front bed I planted last year. The front bush is hibiscus, and the other bushes are lemon lime plants. The dead flowers are annuals (silver fog and pentas) that I need to pull up and replant something else.


My beautiful magnolia! This March I will have had it for a year. No blooms yet, but I wake up and check every day. I have a feeling it will happen when it warms up a little bit.


These are my three gardenia bushes. The one in the middle is perking up well. Even the one on the left I thought was dying is getting some leaves. The one on the right looks a little droopy :(
My jasmine vine. It still has yellow spots and looks kind of sick, and has stopped growing. I will see how this does.

My flower shaped thermometer, and my flower pinwheel I got in tarpon Springs, Fl.

That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment