Welcome!

I believe in god, only I spell it Nature-- Frank Lloyd Wright

Saturday, March 12, 2011

New crop, and such

Hello again! Well, it has been about 3 weeks since I planted veggies and herbs in my garden. We already have some things sprouting! Here they are:

This is my red rose bush. It has never given me a rose in two years, until now!


I planted my aloe vera and mulched around it. It seems to be doing good, except it absorbed some of the red from the mulch :-/

Larkspur! Doing great in my front walkway.

My cucumbers are coming in nicely. I planted these strictly at the request of my husband and mother-in-law. I can't stand them, but they love them!

My corn! 6, each gets a square foot. Everyone had a horror story about their corn growing experience to share when I mentioned I was growing it, so we will see. The back row is Country Gentleman, and the front is Silver Queen.

The sprout in the back are green beans. To the left are a colorful mix. The right is some organic bush type green bean. They have some kind of Jedi force with them, they are willful little guys! Sprouted after 3 days. In the front is a rosemary I planted.

These little guys are carrot sprouts. Nanes half long to be exact. I am nervous about these, veggies that grow underground and I do not have an awesome track record.




Above the lavender is basil! And lots of it.


This is dill. It too has really taken off. My friend Brittany had some last year, and it smelled wonderful. Can't wait!

Welcome back crepe myrtle! The bush definitely looked sad all winter, but even it is starting to get it's leaves back :)

That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment