Welcome!

I believe in god, only I spell it Nature-- Frank Lloyd Wright

Friday, March 25, 2011

Pest problem

So, I have noticed that I have a little problem in my garden- ants. I have never noticed them before. I don't know if it is because they are truly becoming more prevalent or if it's just because I am in the garden more. Either way- they are a nuisance! They creep into all my potted plants and infiltrate them. They are eating my morning glory buds. Now today (the absolute last straw) I noticed one of my green beans was a little droopy. I checked it out and saw the a bunch of ants were crawling up and down the stem!!! Luckily they hadn't gotten to any other plant-yet.

So, what do I do? The bed with the green beans is 8 inches off the ground surrounded by wood. If they can get up there, they can get anywhere. I can't just spray them with pesticide, since they are around delicate flowers and veggies. HELP!

2 comments:

  1. Isolate, then neutralize. Use insecticides that are environmentally friendly. There are organics in the market today. Choose the ones that will kill the eggs as well. If you can't remedy the problem yourself, then it's time to get a pro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Findewaa, I will be on the look out for organic insecticides!

    ReplyDelete