Welcome!

I believe in god, only I spell it Nature-- Frank Lloyd Wright

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Flower mania!

So, it seems that I keep finding spots in my yard that I want to destroy and start over. This week, I took a 5x10 plot of sparse grass, ants and gnarly roots and uprooted it all. It has a fence to the east behind it, a shed to the north, a gigantic oleander bush on the south and my arbor on the west. Along the shed I put three trellises, with two confederate jasmine and a purple passion flower. The west has a newly built border of Indian hawthorn and butterfly weeds. The hawthorn is still small so it is not much of a border. The oleander is about 15 feet tall, pink and white, and will shade the area more as the sun moves further south.

So anyways, I took some packets of flower seeds and just randomly started to plant them. I tried to pay attention to which needed lots of room (since apparently I did not leave enough room for my cucumbers and green beans and now the are crowding what is around them, lesson learned). Here are the flowers I planted:


Alyssum

Snap dragon, though mine are lavender colored too

zinnia
 borage
candy tuft
marvel of peru
yeti
court jester marigold

So that is a lot of flowers in one area! I can't wait to see how they fair. If only half come up I will be happy. I just can't get enough flowers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment