Welcome!

I believe in god, only I spell it Nature-- Frank Lloyd Wright

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Updates

Hello all!

I have not been on here in a while- I found out I was pregnant on March 28, and I have had 12 weeks of morning sickness and energy drain. I could barely get up and play with my three-year old, much less go outside in the 85* Florida heat and pull weeds. But, I feel better, and am ready to get back into the swing of things again!

Some random updates- most of my veggie garden is gone. The corn yielded one good ear of corn, the rest my husband picked too early. The cucumbers gave me three cukes, then succumbed to the Florida heat. They are water hogs, and watering every other day did not cut it for them. My basil got 3.5 feet tall, then went to seed so I cut it back. Same with my oregano. My three pepper plants seem to be struggling under the heat, but I have gotten two jalapenos and a habenero pepper so far. My tomatoes are out of control, well over four feet tall and giving me more tomatoes than I could possibly eat. My family has been eating tomatoes for a while lol. My onions seem to have stopped growing, maybe because they are in the shadow of the tomatoes. The carrots are coming along slowly. My lavender and rosemary are doing well.

That is it for for updates, more pictures and topics soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment