Welcome!

I believe in god, only I spell it Nature-- Frank Lloyd Wright

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Trees, and shade

So I have decided that I want a tree for my front yard. The Western sun comes blazing through the sky and melts everything in front of my house from 1pm on. I can't even touch my front door because it's so hot sometimes!

So I have decided that I want a holly tree. Yes I know the berries are poisonous to humans. But I have done a lot of research (just ask Chris my husband if you don't believe me!) and this is the tree I want:

They are hardy in my zone (zone 9) and grow in many soils. They prefer full sun and are slightly drought tolerant. It's an evergreen, so it will not loose it's leaves in the winter. This tree has beautiful berries that I can't wait to use to make some Yule wreaths! It gets 40 feet tall and 20 feet wide.

I can hardly wait to have a shady front yard :)

No comments:

Post a Comment