Welcome!

I believe in god, only I spell it Nature-- Frank Lloyd Wright

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Local happenings

For all my local friends, I am excited that I will finally be going to the Saturday Morning Market in St Petersburg this weekend! It's a local farmer's market, and has a new summer location and hours. I will report back on it for you afterward :)

Also, this weekend only, the city of Gulfport is having their Gulfport Organic Landscaping days (GOLD) on Saturday from 1-4. From their facebook page:

"Learn how to grow food. Highly informative free seminars for beginners, key note speaker and displays relating to sustainable living... Meet local farmers and buy awesome organic produce and edible plants for your garden. Kids will enjoy cookies baked on site in our solar oven also story telling with live music. There is a super yummy vegan food at our community table... and much more.
Aiming for zero waste with this event. Bring your own eating utensils and bucket or bag to gather soil amendments."
 
 
I am hoping to make it to this wonderful event too! Come out and support your community!

1 comment:

  1. See ya in the morning! Cant wait to see ya and get some awesome local shopping done!!

    ReplyDelete