Welcome!

I believe in god, only I spell it Nature-- Frank Lloyd Wright

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Photos of my winter gardens

Unlike most areas of the country, Florida has temperatures that allow it's residents to enjoy nearly year round gardening (save a few months in the summer). Most of my hardy perennials are still going strong, though some lay dormant. We still have splashes of color amongst the sticks and twigs. Here is what is going on in my gardens today:

 This is my defunct pond that my hubby swears will be revamped this spring! I will plant herbs and flowers around it.
 My crepe myrtle. It is so funny, because it is pretty and full of flowers in the summer, but is basically sticks at the first sign of chilly weather.
 My two garden beds. I cleared the one closest. Here is where I will plant my veggies.
 My sweet magnolia tree, or as my son says "Mommy's tree". My favorite kind of tree, it has grown so much in three years. My daughter snuck in at the last minute lol
 My rose bush. It has such pretty red blooms that smell wonderful. It gets powdery mildew from time to time, but I now know ways to prevent that! If you look on the left, you can see that it has some new leaves coming up.
 After the squirrels got my apples last year, I am cautiously happy about these little guys. 3 little buds on my apples tree!
 The first lime on my key lime tree!
 My meyer's lemon tree. It has some blossoms on it, I cannot wait to smell them!
My lettuce, the unusually warm weather is causing it to wilt :(

That is all for now! What do you have in your garden?

No comments:

Post a Comment