Welcome!

I believe in god, only I spell it Nature-- Frank Lloyd Wright

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Bartering in the modern ages

Our jalapeno pepper plants are producing like crazy! Each of the four plants has about 4 mature peppers on it, and at least 6 baby peppers on it. And more buds keep popping up every other day. I have a confession to make- I do not like peppers! Not even a little bit. I only grew them because I remember how easy they are to grow. Next year note to self: grow food I will actually enjoy! Ce la vie.

So with my surplus I have decided to give it away to those who enjoy it. Chris (my husband) is learning how to include jalapenos in cooking, and even made jalapeno poppers, but even he is running out of ideas. Chris, my friend, loves peppers and she said that she would gladly take them off my hands in exchange for eggs. Fresh eggs? Score! There is nothing like fresh eggs. I can't explain how, but they just taste different.

And there is something to be said about bartering. I got rid of something that I had plenty of, and in exchange got something that I needed. No money was exchanged. It makes me feel good to know that my hard work with my plants is feeding someone else. Something that I enjoy is benefiting another person. We need to bring back the barter system! LOL here is a picture of my peppers and her eggs, courtesy of Chris :)


1 comment:

  1. This brought a huge, huge smile to my face. I am in total agreement. Let's bring back bartering!

    ReplyDelete