Welcome!

I believe in god, only I spell it Nature-- Frank Lloyd Wright

Monday, January 24, 2011

Empty space

As I walk through my backyard, I see nothing but potential. Walking along the edges of a broken fence, I swear I can still picture the pile of garbage and dead wood that once sat there. Now in it's place is empty space, cleared of grass and sticks and debris. One gigantic plot of land, just waiting to be filled. Kind of nerve wracking actually. To know that I will be altering the landscape of my yard, permanently changing the delicate ecosystems of the tiny microcosms that exist in every bit of dirt we walk on. Part of me wants to say sorry in advance to the veggies I will inevitably kill through ignorance and inexperience. It's a tall task for sure. But if this is something I can pull off, then wow the payoff will be big! If I can save even the smallest amount of money at the grocery store on food, that helps tremendously. If instead of running to the store to get tomatoes or corn for dinner, I could walk outside, that would be awesome! I guess the big key word is IF....

No comments:

Post a Comment