Welcome!

I believe in god, only I spell it Nature-- Frank Lloyd Wright

Monday, January 24, 2011

Florida growing season, and such...

First, I want to start off by saying that i had NO idea Florida's growing season for most things is September-May. Kind of bummed that I am starting half way through January :(

Chris and I spent an entire day building a garden bed this past weekend. Through trial and error we both determined that we are a. not very handy and b. not very patient. Oh well, it got done, and now I have an 8x6 bed and a 6x6 bed to work with. Sometime this next week I will buy the soil to put in it, and finally sit down and plan what I will plant, where, how much, etc...to me that is the fun part!

I went to a local nursery and picked up 3 little lavender plants and a rosemary plant. A while back Chris and I painted ceramic pots for Ostara and never got to use them. Well they now house our new plants :) they are sitting on our front porch along with our aloe, greeting anyone who comes over with beautiful smells!

Update on the orange tree- turns out the original rootstock is returning. Damn cross pollination! Now my dilemma- I would hate to cut off that lemon tree, but can't can't have two trees sharing a trunk. Not to mention it has humongous thorns, and I have a rambunctious 2 year old with tiny eyes at that level. Might just have to stop it. Who knows, maybe my oranges will be sweeter?

No comments:

Post a Comment