Welcome!

I believe in god, only I spell it Nature-- Frank Lloyd Wright

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Cold February night

Once again we are under a freeze warning in the Bay area tonight. I don't remember it ever getting this cold so late in the year, but then again we had an unseasonably warm January. So my potted tomatoes, peppers, squash and zucchini are all on the back porch (yes I decided to make cookies instead of planting). I need to venture out and cover my gardenia, as they are still quite young. And my frangi pani as well, those things are extremely cold sensitive plants (being native to the tropics and all).

The unfortunate part of it all is that the warm temps last month "tricked" a lot of the local plants into waking up. My dormant baby crepe myrtles have tiny little green leaves on them, my rose bush has two buds, and my blueberry bush and apple tree have already have blossoms. I am crossing my fingers that this last cold snap doesn't stave off my new growth! I guess tomorrow morning will tell. At least it's supposed to go up to 60* all week next week.

Oh, here are the cookies I made with my son and my mom:

No comments:

Post a Comment