Welcome!

I believe in god, only I spell it Nature-- Frank Lloyd Wright

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Spring planting 2012

Saturday Chris and I decided that it was time to plant our spring garden. So while he watched the two kiddos, I went to work. Let me just say how I miss being outside with my feet squished in the mud with gloves on my hands as I reconnect with the life force that is Mother Nature! I swear I could feel the plants in the back yard call out greetings to me as I walked around watering. It was like a buzzing in my head, an excitement of all the living things around me clamoring to tell me about what they have been up to.I think I may have even laughed out loud in glee!

So I transplanted my jalapeno peppers, bell peppers, tomatoes, oregano and basil. Here is a picture:
The tomatoes are in the back, the jalapeno peppers are in the front, followed by the bell peppers. Behind them are the basil and oregano (it got cut of by the camera)

This is a beautiful azalea bloom. We planted these around the pond that Chris dug out.



My beautiful rose bush got it's first two blooms! I have had this bush for three years, and every year it keeps giving me more and more roses. They smell so sweet, are so bright and grow pretty tall!


My blueberry bush is already starting to get some blooms. This one yielded one crop last year, but my fingers are crossed that it produces more this year. I am buying two more at UT's GreenFest, so it will have plants to cross pollinate with.

And here is a side view of my tomatoes :)

That is all for now!

2 comments:

  1. Would love to see pics of your pond. I just moved to kissimmee last july and had several ponds in Illinois. I do miss them alot!! Love listening to the water and messing with it, was so peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LadyCosta, welcome to my little blog! My pond is still under construction (ie no water yet) but we will be doing that part this weekend. Check back real soon for pictures! I too love the soothing sound of water :)

    ReplyDelete