Welcome!

I believe in god, only I spell it Nature-- Frank Lloyd Wright

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Grown with love


Today I went to a baby shower for a high school friend. She is a budding fellow gardener who loves organic food and generally being "green". After much thought, I decided that I wanted to make her gift instead of buying it. She had mentioned that she wanted to grow her own lavender. I toyed with the idea of giving her lavender seeds, but I know from experience that they are extremely hard to grow from seed. So I went to Willow Tree Nursery and picked up a lavender plant (along with a few things for me!) and a ceramic pot. To make it more special I decided to paint the pot. I included her name, her wife's name and baby Olivia's name, 3 bees (the theme for their nursery) and a giant flower. I'm definitely no artist, but here is how it turned out:



I think it turned out pretty good, and it was fun to do too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment