Welcome!

I believe in god, only I spell it Nature-- Frank Lloyd Wright

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Make your own cleaning solution

Cleaning products are a necessary evil. You need to use something to clean your house with, but I for one do not like the nasty chemicals found in many of the ones sold in stores. They smell like chemicals (not fresh to me) and aren't very good for the environment. Now that I have two children, I don't want them to be exposed to all that stuff if I can help it. So I sat down and looked up how to make my own cleaners. Much of the ingredients were things I had around my house anyway. I decided to make an all purpose cleaner to use on my kitchen counter and table. Here is how I did it:

**Ingredients:
2 tablespoons of white distilled vinegar
2 teaspoons of Borax
2 teaspoons of baking soda
Enough hot water to fill your spray bottle
1/4 teaspoon of Castile soap or 1/8 teaspoon of natural dish soap
A few drops of essential oil

Mix the vinegar and Borax in your spray bottle until dissolved. Add hot water almost to the top of your container. Add your soap and essential oil and give it a good shake to mix it. You don't need the essential oil, but as I stated in my last blog lavender has natural antibacterial properties. Plus it masks any lingering vinegar smells. Voila! You now have yourself an environmentally safe, all natural all purpose cleaner for your house :)

No comments:

Post a Comment