Welcome!

I believe in god, only I spell it Nature-- Frank Lloyd Wright

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Food is growing

I love growing food! The thought that I can walk outside and come back in with a side dish, and know that it is 100% organic and free of pesticides is so refreshing! Here is some of the food we have growing:



These beauties are my pepper plants. The top two are California wonder bell peppers, and the bottom one is jalapeno pepper. They grow so well the time of year, seems like yesterday I was planting sprouts!
Greek oregano, doing well
Basil, kind of wiling in the sun :(

My four tomato plants, in tomato cages. They have gotten so big. Lots off little yellow flowers, but no signs of tomatoes just yet.

Pole beans on the top, bush beans on the bottom. The pole beans sprouted about 5 days after I planted them, the bush beans about 9 days. The pole beans are actually causing the trellis I made to tip over, I have to fix that.
The first watermelon sprout! I planted 5 thai chachai watermelon seeds about 10 days ago, and this is the first sprout!!

The top is summer squash, the bottom is zucchini. I swear I thought the were all going to die off, but these two some how caught on and pulled through.
And last but not least, my one lone apple!

What are some things you grow that you can eat?

No comments:

Post a Comment