Welcome!

I believe in god, only I spell it Nature-- Frank Lloyd Wright

Monday, March 12, 2012

Strawberry honey butter

So, I was on Pinterest the other day (such a great way to waste time, even more dangerous with the app they have) and I saw a recipe for strawberry honey butter. It is peak strawberry season here in Florida, so I pinned it and decided to try. Mind you, I am a gardener, not a chef :)

Here are all the ingrediants listed:

1 pint of strawberries hulled (had to google that one)
3 tablespoons of honey
2 teaspoons of lemon juice
1 1/2 sticks of butter softened
Throw the hulled strawberries into a blender and puree them. Then put them in a pan and boil with the honey and lemon juice for about 3 minutes, or until it thickens. Cream this with the softened butter until fluffy.
Put this covered in the refrigerator for an hour. Then you are done!

Let me just saw that I used too many strawberries, and not enough honey or butter. That's why mine looks super red:
It is still great, and easy to make. I just need to actually measure out my ingredients instead of eye balling them! Try it and tell me what you think!

3 comments:

  1. This sounds really good! I've gotten into raw honey lately, which is a little more expensive, but contains more good enzymes than processed honey. I'm going to have to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too must confess to "wasting time" on pinterest. Thanks for posting the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cee Jay Kay- where do you buy your honey from? I am interested in local honey as well.

    D2- You are so very welcome!

    ReplyDelete