Welcome!

I believe in god, only I spell it Nature-- Frank Lloyd Wright

Friday, March 9, 2012

Trouble shooting

I was wondering if any of my fellow gardeners could help me diagnose some problems in my garden? Here are some photos that will help to identify exactly what is causing problems.

This is my rose bush. Something is eating the leaves! I look hard and only see little web looking things, no bugs. What is this? How can I prevent bugs from eating the leaves?

This is one of my gardenia bushes. It gets plenty of sun, and watered every day. Could we be over watering it? Also, we tested the pH of our soil and it's neutral, so we will be adding peat moss and vinegar to it since gardenias prefer acidic soil. Are the brown spots due to nutrient deficiencies, over watering, or bad soil?

Thanks in advance friends!

1 comment:

  1. It might be aphids, or those tiny little grasshoppers eating the leaves. My friend Laura used to make a very, very diluted solution of water with a touch of dish soap in it to ward off aphids.
    As for the gardenias, they require shade. It looks like they might be getting too much sun. Any chance for a transplant?

    ReplyDelete