Welcome!

I believe in god, only I spell it Nature-- Frank Lloyd Wright

Monday, March 26, 2012

UT's Greenfest

Every year for the past three years Chris and I have gone to Greenfest at the University of Tampa. It is actually where I bought my first plants (two gardenias and a jasmine) back in 2010 and made me want to garden. The gardenias have since died, but the jasmine is going strong! Here is a run down of how it went:

This year it was just as big and busy as ever! They had people selling everything from edible plants to planters to local honey. It was nice to see so many like minded people getting together and sharing stories, tips and ideas :)  Indiana had fun in the children's area, and Chris sat down with Piper along the water front and listened to the blues festival across the channel while I kept shopping. All and all a great day! Here is what we bought:

 This is the key lime tree that Chris saw and got star struck over! We had to get it- key limes are his absolute favorite!
This little guy is a pineapple plant! I can't wait to plant this sucker. The guy who sold it to me said they loathe rich soil. I was sold!
This is gardenia. Chris is not giving up on the thought of having a gardenia bush, bless his heart. I want to try adding pine mulch and coffee to acidify the soil around where it will go For now, it's staying in the pot though.
I finally got my meyer's lemon tree! Isn't it great looking? This one is staying in the pot as well. I may not plant it for a while. I want it to grow more, and need to find a good location to plant it.

We also got some thyme, chocolate mint, parsley, a emerald blueberry bush and a jewel blueberry bush. My hope is that when I plant them next to the blueberry bush I already have that they will cross pollinate one another. We shall see!

I plan on dropping the kiddos off with my sister in law on Wednesday, rolling my sleeves up, and getting dirty! Planting posts to follow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment